Mittwoch, 15. Dezember 2010

First days as a shopstaff at KariAng

First of all thank you sooooooooooooooooooo much for all of
your sweet comments!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm really so happy!!!! Thank you really so so so so much!!!!
This gives me a lot of power to continue blogging!!!
♥ ♥ ♥
So since last Thursday i started my job at KariAng
Wow and I have to say it's a lot more complicated to be a
shopstaff than i thought, but at the same time it's also a lot

fun!!!
First thing is that being shop staff is really challenging in
Japan. As i think of the service in clothes or any other shops
in Germany it's suuuuuch a difference!!! Those of you who
have been to Japan know well with what service the customer
"god" is treated in Japan. You really get to feel like a celeb,
especially at KariAng which is aimed at 20-40 women.
Service towards customers is really important because you want
the customer to come again.

---Of course the obligatory "Irrashaimase" (Welcome), and even if
you don't buy anything going out of the shop the customer gets
an "Arigatou gozaimasu" (Thank you so much).

---The keigo (polite Japanese) level is very high as when the
customer comes out of the dressing room you have to say
"otsukaresama de gozaimasu" with a loud voice and of course
in conversation only keigo is allowed

---You have to help the customer with e.g. closing buttons of
jackets for them, helping them go get inside the jacket etc.

----conversation is really a big point as a shopstaff. it's not good if
you don't start a conversation with a customer who even just comes
looking. If she watches or touches some display clothes for a longer
time you have to go there and for example tell something about this
item, about the details, how popular it is, with what other clothes
you can coordinate it and if she wants to try the item on etc.....
Honestly i really have trouble with this point as when I personally
go shopping I find it rather annoying when shopstaff try to involve
me into a conversation just because it's part of their work and just
when looking a little longer at one item. I prefer looking in my
own peace and finding out by myself how to coordinate items.

I really would be interested in your own experience and opinion
with shopping in Japan.
Do you like it when shopstaff involve you into conversation?
Have you had experienced shopstaff that is annoying?

It would be really sooooooo helpful to know your opinions

If you are interested in the place I work of course feel free
to visit the following links.

- KariAng's homepage

-KariAng Sapporo store blog


The interesting thing is that the KariAng designer Morimoto Yoko was a
former charisma shopstaff from Egoist!!!

PS: This time no Japanese version as I'm enjoying the small rest of my
day off lol

Thank you for reading

7 Kommentare:

  1. oh das hört sich echt kompliziert und ganz schon aufwendig an. man das ist ganz anders als bei uns bzw. ok in teuren läden hier ist das ähnlich aber in japan ist das ne ganz andere welt :)

    so ich guck mir jetzt mal die beiden links an die du gepostet hast :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Yes, the service in Japan is so much different from shop staff service in the USA. I think perhaps its because of cultural differences.

    All the forgieners I talked to in Japan hate that kind of Japanese shop service where they try to talk with you.

    But I think Japanese people like it. I saw some interviews where girls shopping at 109 said they like to be told how to coordinate the items in the shops etc.

    Also I think Japanese don't want to think on their own about clothing, they want the staff to tell them what's popular so they can wear what everyone else is wearing.

    Well thats just my thoughts, I can't be sure of any of that haha

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Ich freue mich zu hören, dass dir die Arbeit Spaß macht, das ist doch mit unter das Wichitgste überhaupt!! ;)

    Einkaufen in Japan ist echt ein Erlebnis, von soviel Service kann man bei uns nur träumen. Allerdings finde ich es auch etwas nervig, wenn ich beim Anschauen ständig zugelabert werde, aber andererseits ist es toll so mal ein wenig mit den staff-san zu reden. Du wirst bestimmt auch mal ein Charisma Shopstaff! XDD

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. I like having the staff help me out once in awhile. If I see a really fun complicated piece, I'll definitely need help, so it's good once in awhile! :3

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Freu mich so für dich, dass auch wenns anstrengend ist, du doch Spaß beim Arbeiten hast~~~<3<3<3<3
    (Bei dem Laden, wo ich war, gabs so nen Service für Kunden ÜBERHAUPT nicht -.-)
    Ich hoffe, für könenn bald wieder quatschen~^^
    Und bis dahin unterstütze ich dich ganz doll von hier aus!!!<3<3<3<3

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. Ich find's manchmal ganz nett, manchmal nervt es mich tierisch. Vor allem, wenn ich Kopfhörer drin hab und von der Seite angelabert werde => 5 minuten später merk ich irgendwann mal, dass mir da jemand was erzählen will XD
    Ich will mir allerdings gar nich vorstellen, wie schwer das ganze keigo sein muss u__u;

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. Hiii I'm Bambi,

    Nice to meet you!!
    I'm sorry to return your message so late!!
    You commented on my post a couple weeks ago.
    Let's meet!! We both live in Sapporo!!
    Wow!!
    Haha whats your email address we should exchange numbers !!

    please email me at

    starberrys @ hotmail com

    no spaces of course hehe
    I hope we can meet soon :)

    AntwortenLöschen