Donnerstag, 17. März 2011

Situation in Sapporo, Japan

I don't know what to do..................

The situation in Japan is so severe at the moment....

I'm spending all time I can on watching news and observing the
new developments.

Everybody in Germany wants me to go back. I know German
media is reporting a lot more heavy on the situation in Japan
than the Japanese media do. It might be only a cultural mentality
difference, since Germans are easier to panic, as well as they have
the experience of a nuclear cloud 1986. But it might be because
Japanese government lacks information. I do not know.

At the moment I am in Sapporo, Hokkaido.
It is said to be safe as it is 650km from Fukushima. But if the worst
case happens and the Fukushima reactors burst into a nuclear cloud
what guarantees that this cloud might not be blown to Hokkaido?
I don't want my health to be dependent on the wind and weather.
In fact Sapporo measures higher radiation in the last days than usual
though too little too affect health.

I want to go back so much. But I have my Japanese husband here for
who it is difficult to part with his family and leave them.
His famlily thinks it is safe here. I can't believe how calm yet naive they
are. The nuclear bomb already happend in Japan and it is not as bad as
that.
I don't think so! It is as bad as that if not worse. INES scale is 6!!! One
level below Chernobyl that had the scale of 7. The worst case.

The clothes shop I work for doesn't want me to to leave at least till
24th because they have too little staff. My husbands work also
wants him to stay till 24th till they finish their work deadline.
But 24th is still one week away. I don't think Fukushima powerplant
will make it till that when the situation is already as severe as now.

We already had decided to leave together on Sunday but after
speaking with my husbands family they think it's more important
for my husband to finish his work till the deadline 24th.
That's why we didn't buy tickets yets.

I can't stand the pressure anymore.

I do now know what to do. Almost everybody I know has left the
country or at least gone to Osaka.

If i was alone in Japan I would have left already

While I am in a state of frustration everything goes the normal
way in Sapporo. People are just like any days. The shop I work
for has almost no change in customers. I can't believe how
anybody can go shopping for fashion and spring clothes these
days. Don't they watch TV and see the suffering situation in
the refugee camps in Japan where the earthquake survivors
sharing the little food and water they have suffering from
coldness.


My family in Germany is so worried but I can't go alone
without my husband. He is my life now
So much pressure from all sides.
I feel like a bursting bomb myself.
From abyss of despair

2 Kommentare:

  1. Actually it seems to me that Sapporo is indeed quite safe so please calm down.
    But I also can't believe how many people can still enjoy life like nothing has happened...
    Anyway, I'm sure things will improve after some time. Meanwhile, please take care!

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. I don't think its so bad as your family and the western media is making it right now. Last time I hear Fukushima was still 4 on that scale. Either way, I don't think radiation is going explode into the atmosphere and rain down toxic that cause instant cancer. Certainly the area around there will be quite damaged, but 650km away? I don't so.

    AntwortenLöschen